Comments

To leave a comment on a topic / article - click on the comments link at the bottom of the article. Note that comments can be Anonymous.

Current Fuel Surcharge

CURRENT DOMESTIC FUEL SURCHARGE TASMANIA: 4.51 - 6.93% March 2009

Thursday, February 14, 2008

GE grain segregation possible

Report: Cameron Wilson
A major mainland grain trader says there will not be a problem segregating non-GM canola from GM varieties in the short term. Rural Logic Australia ships canola meal from Victorian crushing plants to Tasmania for use in the dairy, poultry and pig industries. The crushed canola is historically sourced from New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia, but those state's now have differing rules on GM crops.South Australia will maintain it's GM moratorium while Victoria and New South Wales are allowing farmers to grow GM canola. It remains to be seen what decision the Tasmanian government will make.Director of Rural Logic Bill Baxter says in the immediate future it will be easy for Tasmanian farmers to confirm the origin of any imported canola meal."All of the grains we do have, or that are grown in Victoria for example, barley has 5 or 6 segregation's, wheat would have 3 segregation's, so already the bulk handling companies are experts about segregating product in certain areas and that can be done on an individual silo basis, or one silo will be for gm canola and the next silo will be for non-gm canola.""There is expertise in doing these things and I'm sure we will have a plan developed prior to the next harvest" Bill Baxter said.
In this report: Bill Baxter, director of Rural Logic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a load of rubbish. GM cannot be segregated and the GM companies know this and rub their hands in glee. Have a look at Canada. Tell me, who is going to pay for this contamination checking? It will be the non-GM farmer and it costs a fortune. If you have the same transport as a GM load then you will be contaminated. If someone comes in and sows your paddock and they have previously sown a GM paddock (doesn't matter when) you will be contaminated. The tiniest grain will spread and multiply. Pollen has no borders and does not stop at the fence line. No non-manipulated evidence has ever been produced showing that GM does not contaminate and spread.

Tell me who this grain trader's owner is and I will show you a GM seed company owned by Monsanto or Bayer (the GM companies) or someone that does not know their facts. How could Rural Logic Australia think they can separate small quantities of meal out of their crushing plants when the tiniest particle would contaminate. If GM was red and black we would be able to see when GM contamination is happening but it isn't and we don't know until it is too late.

Phobus said...

Great passion Anonymous. It would be good if you used a pen name so that I can identify you in the future as the same writer. I am assuming that you are the contributor to the previous GM post.

PS: I happen to agree.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, replied to the other post first. How about if I just put a name at the bottom of the anonymous post as "Just a consumer". I have found that somehow the pro-GM sector get onto blog sites and are able to access my computer via their governments when I tell the truth about GM and put a virus or try to access my files to try to find out who I am which I have been able to stop for the moment. I am safe whilst I am anonymous.

Anonymous said...

GooD morning Justaconsumer. I have thanked you in my recent newsletter. Thank you for your input and constant updates. I personally find them very interesting. All the best.

Willard Estate.